Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mittens: Part 2.

Remember the other day, when Kee asked for a pair of mittens? Well, I decided to go ahead and make her some. The ones I made her last year* were getting too short, and though that inch of wrist peeking out didn't seem to bother her at all, it was driving me insane.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any pink yarn anywhere. (And yes, I am too wimpy to walk out to the craft store when it's 30 below, even if it is mostly windchill.) Luckily, the scarf I made to go with the mittens I made her last year has barely been worn (turns out she hates scarves), so I went ahead and reclaimed it.



Then she went ahead and lost one the first day she wore them.


*When she declared she absolutely would not wear any mittens unless I was the one who made them.


5 comments:

  1. Oh there is nothing sadder than a lost mitten. Especially on the first day. :(

    They look fantastic, though! And good for you to re-use that yarn. Is there any left for a replacement mitten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've got enough left for at least one more. And this time, I'll make a string to put through her coat so that they can't go wandering.

      I've started re-using things that people aren't wearing. We've got too much of the wrong stuff! I'm re-making a hat and scarf that no one is wearing into a pair of socks for my mother in law too. :)

      Delete
  2. Argh! That's the worst. And such adorable mittens, too! I've gotten to where I just crochet a chain to go through their sleeves, too. Too many mittens have been donated to the lost and found. Perhaps you should make me some mittens. I won't lose them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned my lesson. :) What's your favourite colour, and where shall I send them?

      Delete