Monday, February 24, 2014

There's a Second Bathroom Too!

I just realised that I've let more than a week go by without posting. Again. Which sucks, because I've promised myself to make the time to write; but it's good because it means we've got stuff going on.

So. A few of things happening at our house right now. Kee is delighted to have been picked from her class to do a speech at her school's speech arts festival at the end of the month. She's practicing a lot, and it's super adorable. Beege is in the middle of auditions for a fancy schmancy arts school that she's really enjoying*. Husband is playing volleyball, very busy at work, and doing Husbandy kind of stuff.

Now back to me.

I mentioned we bought a house, right? We did. A real one. With walls, and a driveway and everything. I didn't say too much about it while it was happening because, as you may remember, we've been down this road before and ended up still in the basement. But this time, papers have been signed, we have a closing date, and banky/lawyery things are going on. As of April 2nd**, the house is officially ours!

It's across the street from the school, so that won't be too much different. There are parks all over the place, we're close to hiking and biking trails. My sister and adorable nephew are around the corner, and my parents are in the neighbourhood. The girls will each get their own room, which will make bedtime a lot easier to deal with. There is a partially finished basement, that'll be perfect for a rec room, so there will be NO TOYS in my living room***.

But the best part? If I'm really honest? I get my own room.

I have dreamed about this day, and resigned myself to the fact that it might never come. But now it's here, and I'm so, so, excited. If you've been here for a while, you've most likely heard me complain every now and again about how I have nowhere to work. Nowhere to leave anything out and come back to it. Nowhere to store my art/craft supplies. My "work table" has been a stack of cardboard boxes, and I sew with my machine on the floor.

Exhibit A: 
Note "work table", and piles of stuff. (Inevitably, what I need is at the bottom.)

Exhibit B:
Note large amount of open space, walls to place storage against, and window that looks out at a tree instead of a driveway and the neighbour's fence. You can't even see the closet in this picture. *Swoon*

Of course, this means several things. 1: I will indeed have somewhere to work and store things. 2: I'm going to have to get off my butt and actually do some work. 3: You're going to hear all about it - tell me if you get bored. 





*That, of course, it may not be feasible for her to attend, now that we'll be moving, but we'll deal with that when we come to it.
**April 1st was the proposed date, but that's just asking for something to go wrong, don't you think?
***Yeah, I know, but a girl can dream.


6 comments:

  1. Yay, that's super exciting!! I hope you have every intention on showing us what you've made too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow missed your last post about this. WAHOO!!! So happy for you!! WOW WOW WOW!!! That is the best news! And good call about April 2nd! hahah...that made me laugh. Craft room 2.0 is going to rock! So completely happy for you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks, buddy! :)
      I'm pretty darn excited! I can finally get out all those little things I've been collecting for "someday... you know, if I ever get an office..."

      Delete